Re: What are eggs?

On 01.01.2010 12:31, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
While trying to make a up a family for a new widget, I got reminded of
seeing the term "egg" over the years in relation to gtk, but I never really
understood what it means, who came up with the concept, and how it is
"supposed" to be used?

My guess is that it is related to real eggs that are abiding their time to
hatch, and in the same way experimental concepts are abiding their time? Is
that it?

There are eggs in Python, so if you were reading about PyGtk....dunno.
Thanks!
Dov