Re: Nesting gtk_main ?

On 2/1/2010 12:12 PM, jcupitt gmail com wrote:
I have a pair of classes I use in my app which implement a window /
dialog tree.

Thank you, I looked them over, but being new to GTK I didn't fully grasp how the classes work.

I've already solved the problem by putting the windows into separate window groups. I didn't see any calls to window group API, so I assume your code works differently?

It is a bit hairy :-( it's all based on continuations and is probably
overkill.

Yes, it's rather sad that you have to use continuations. In Windows, you run each "window stack" in its own thread, which allows you to simply call the equivalent of gtk_dialog_run() and everything works.

But you can't run gtk_main() in multiple threads, can you?
--
Martin