Re: Nesting gtk_main ?

On 2/1/2010 2:26 AM, Andrew Cowie wrote:
On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 19:14 +0100, Martin Vejnár wrote:
In electronics design, it is common to have two independent windows, one
which shows the schematics and the other shows the circuit board. You
don't want dialog boxes pertaining to one window to block the other.

Sounds like you might want to consider the supporting dialogs as
"Utility" windows rather than as GtkDialogs. You can set a GtkWindow to
be a utility window by setting the type hint,

I tried that, but the only observable effect was that the maximize button disappeared from the dialog.

Anyway, I don't think I was utility window, the dialog in question is a file chooser.

Thanks,
--
Martin