Re: Nesting gtk_main ?

On 1/31/2010 7:22 PM, Tadej Borovšak wrote:
2010/1/31 Martin Vejnár<avakar ratatanek cz>:
On 1/30/2010 10:30 PM, jcupitt gmail com wrote:
A single gtk_main will run multiple independent windows. You only need
to nest them if you want a modal dialog.

What should you do if you want to run two dialog boxes at the same time?

If you don't want them to interfere with the rest of the GUI, you
simply don't use gtk_dialog_run(). Instead, you show dialogs using
gtk_widget_show() and all windows will run without interference. After
all, gtk_dialog_run() is merely a convenience method that makes it
easy to use dialogs that need urgent user intervention. If you don't
need this kind of functionality from dialog, simply showing it will
also work.

So I should connect the appropriate signals, call gtk_widget_show and perform actions (those which I would normally perform below gtk_dialog_run) in the signal handlers, right?

How do I make the dialog's parent ignore user input? Event if I call gtk_window_set_transient_for(dialog, parent), the parent remains clickable.

Thanks,
--
Martin