Change the default keyboard behaviour on tree control

Hello,

I'm using GNOME the last years and I begin to note that a usability leaks on the GTK tree control.

I never develop software using GTK+ library, but I guess that the problem begins with the default behaviour with the keyboard tree control manipulation. An intuitive mode to program this behaviour is that all the tree control can be navigated using only the key arrows, I think the easiest way to understand the control behavior. However, the left and right arrows do not have any functionality in the tree control. The functionality of these arrows (open and close tree nodes) is provided by "+" and "-" keys, something besides being uncomfortable, it cost me to discover :-( .

What do you think? will be better add this key access to the tree control default behaviour? There is a way to myself configure this behaviour without recompile the library?

I'm sorry if I use the incorrect mail list...

Regards!