Re: Trying to cross compile glib-2.18.2 for ARM

Sergei Steshenko wrote:
--- On Mon, 4/19/10, Chuck Kuecker <ckuecker ckent org> wrote:
Thanks, Rob. That makes sense - it can't run an ARM binary
on a x86
platform.

I can test on the target system to see if it supports the
POSIX function
- if so, I can modify the configuration script to skip the
test.

While I was poking around here, I found an alternate
solution to my
problem that does not require an updated glib. My
gst-plugins-good
package was the wrong version - I used a newer release, and
I've got my
functionality now.

Thanks to everyone!

Chuck Kuecker

FWIW, if gtk+ documentation says it can be cross-built, but in reality it can't because of the problems you've encountered, please file a bug against gtk+.

Thanks,
  Sergei.
Well, so far, so good. glib built fine, and now I am building the updated gstreamer packages.

Now - the big question is - will it run on my platform? I will know early tomorrow.

Chuck Kuecker