GTK setuid problem

Hi,

I have a GTK application that makes uses of socket.
I am able to run the application as a root user.
But as a normal user i could not execute, this is because
socket API is present in GTK application.
I wrote a simple command line based socket application and
used "chmod root:root test" and  "chmod u+s test" after that
i was able to execute the application as normal user.
But when i did the same for the GTK application,
it is reporting the below error. The link suggests of using pipes.

My question is there any other work around for this problem?
My need is the user should not be asked for root password each time (log
off and log in)
for the GTK application.

(process:13302): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running
setuid
or setgid.
This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
program instead. For further details, see:

    http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

Refusing to initialize GTK+.

Thanks,
Robin

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the
intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems
Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining,
using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you
for your co-operation.