If you find that the configure.ac is missing this oiption and you choose to fix this properly, please put your name in lights and submit the patch for inclusion, we cross -developers need all the help we can get! :-)

I hope that at least gives you a solution for now.

Leon

On 20 April 2010 01:54, Chuck Kuecker <ckuecker ckent org> wrote:
Sergei Steshenko wrote:
--- On Sun, 4/18/10, Chuck Kuecker <ckuecker ckent org> wrote:

From: Chuck Kuecker <ckuecker ckent org>
Subject: Trying to cross compile glib-2.18.2 for ARM
To: gtk-list gnome org
Date: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 3:27 PM
Hello,

I am working with a Freescale i.MX27 ARM processor running
Linux 2.6.22. I want to upgrade the Freescale-supplied
version of gstreamer to a later version to get functionality
they left out.

The gstreamer build asks for a newer version of glib than
the existing build, so I modified the build files to use
glib-2.18.2. The build script runs OK until it gets to this
part:

checking for posix getpwuid_r... (cached) yes
checking for posix getgrgid_r... configure: error: in
`/opt/Freescale1/ltib/rpm/BUILD/glib-2.18.2':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross
compiling
See `config.log' for more details.
error: Bad exit status from
/opt/Freescale1/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.29960 (%
build)

The config.log file pretty much repeats the above messages,
and adds all the cache variables. If anyone wants to see
that file, I can post it - 250 Kb.

Is there a compiler flag or build option to fix this? I
don't see anything obvios in the build documentation.

Chuck Kuecker

Well, the message is self-explanatory.

You might consider running (Debian) ARM image in QEMU and compiling
natively inside the virtual machine.

Regards,
 Sergei.

I took a look at QEMU - it appears to lead to me needing to learn yet another system. but not getting me anywhere with my project.

What, exactly, are the 'test programs' that the glib make tries to run? There must have been a way to disable this in the older version of glib (glib-2.12.11) packaged with the Freescale ltib build, since that build does not have this issue. Was this an added feature of newer glib releases?

If I can simply (or not so simply!) turn off the test feature, and get the library to compile, I can advance with my project. Right now, I'm stumped.

Chuck Kuecker