GLib 2.25.0 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.25.0 released
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:48:45 -0400
GLib 2.25.0 is now available for download at:
This is the first development release leading up to GLib 2.26.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.24. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.24.
* GLib 2.26 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.24 series; however, the new API additions
in GLib 2.25.0 are not yet finalized, so there may
be incompatibilities between this release and the final
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.24.0 to GLib 2.25.0
* The GSettings framework has been merged. This provides the API to
replace GConf. DConf will provide a backend implementation for it.
GConf will also provide a backend implementation to ease the
transition. We provide utilities to assist with schema conversion
and data migration, as well as a porting guide.
* Translation updates:
Thanks to our contributors:
April 19, 2010
] [Thread Prev