GTK Menu Questions

Hello gtk-list,

i'm a total GTK newbie and just evaluating if GTK is useable in a
new project.

I have two questions:

1) Can i draw my own accelerator key description in the menu items?
(For people who know the textmate editor for MacOSX - its pretty much
the same what i want do, drawing tab and insert symbols).

2) Is it possible to get a signal when the main menu is activated
and more important when it is left (either by selecting a menu
option or clicking somewhere to close it). I have some expensive
checks to make to find out if a menu item is disabled or not.

--
Best regards,
 Lothar                          mailto:llothar web de