Re: Gtk over DirectFB - Moving mouse pointer through API

Hi,
I figured out what my second problem was. It's a ridiculous problem so
thought I'd let people know in case they face a similar problem. Since I'm
developing on a VirtualBox Ubuntu, it is a virtual environment. Mouse
integration was turned ON (mouse integration is a feature so that your mouse
pointer can shift between host and virtual OS without having to release).
Once I turned it off, my mouse pointer movement was working.

Hi lkcl,

I am trying to use uinput to make my mouse pointer move and register
keystrokes. However, when I compile the program you have linked to (this
seems to be the most popular program example on the web), everytime I run
it, when it asks me for an input, I enter 'A' for example and my system
crashes and restarts.
I also tried using another example which moved the mouse pointer every
couple of seconds. Now I found it strange that the mouse pointer doesn't
physically move, but there is some virtual unseen pointer which keeps moving
(I know this because I get mouse rollover effects every couple of seconds).

The 2nd question isn't as important as the first, as I cannot figure out why
the program is crashing. Why did the author use a getchar() to ask for
input? I am very confused as to how this program works. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks a lot.