Re: How to watch file descriptor activity via GMainLoop?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:25:03 +0100
Toralf Lund <toralf procaptura com> wrote:

>I'm trying to integrate a raw socket based communication link into a
>main loop using GMainLoop - on the server-side, i.e. the process that
>listens for connections on the sockets. Does anyone have any good
>examples on how this might be done? I suppose I want a callback, doing
>accept() on the socket, every time there is activity on the main file

>I'm confused... Help, anyone?

Hi, sorry I'm not good at c sockets, but here is a Perl version
of a forking server controlled by Glib

  http://perlmonks.org?node_id=709375

it may help you sort out the [in , hup , err] logic.

Goodluck,
zentara

http://www.zentara.net/~zentaran/Remember_How_Lucky_You_Are.html