Re: why is cairo with pdf and postscript backend mandatory?

Sergei,

If you do nothing on GTK+ source code,
Build of GTK+ source code with PS/PDF disabled cairo library will fail.
That's one thing I'm sure of.

In specific, GTK+ configure script fails if you don't have cairo-pdf.h/cairo-ps.h in your include path.
And those files are copied only when you enable PDF/PS support when you build your cairo.

So, to me your reply makes no sense.

Steven