Re: why is cairo with pdf and postscript backend mandatory?

> I guess that GLib itself dosn't require Cairo, but I seem to remember that
> if you use gtk+ with cairo, it needs a glib built with that version of cairo.

> That is, if you try to compile Pango, and your glib has no cairo builtin,
> Pango's configure script will die.

That doesn't make any sense. There is no connection whatsoever between
GLib and cairo. Neither requires the other, optionally or not.

Pango and GTK+ use both GLib and cairo, sure. But cairo and GLib are
completely separate from each others.

--tml