Scroll to widget?

I've got a GtkScrolledWindow which contains an hbox that in turn contains a number of other widgets, and each of those widgets has an ability to become "active" in some sense.

What I'd like to do is arrange things so that when a particular widget becomes active, the ScrolledWindow is adjusted to ensure that the active widget is entirely visible (assuming it's small enough of course).

This means that I need to get the position of the widget in ScrolledWindow->bin_window coordinates, as I understand it. But I can't figure out which combination of functions I need to do this.

Any help?