Re: GTK dialog which should not be draggable (ie; floating)

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:23:11AM +0200, Diego Jacobi wrote:
> I have some programs that shows Splash screens which cant be moved
> with alt+clic.
> Also Menues, Popups and the desktop are windows, and cant be moved
> with alt+clic.
> So, there must be a way to tell the WM to not move a window, not only
> not draw the decorations.

These are override redirect windows that are ignored by window managers
(well, not entirely, compositing managers need to paint all windows,
even override-redirect).   You can set this in window attributes or with
gdk_window_set_override_redirect() but it makes sense only before the
window is mapped IIUC.

Now I feel dirty for telling you.

Yeti