How to make the gtk+ application run faster?

Hi All,

I am using GTK+2.12.2 on DirectFB on TI Davinci platform with 300MHz ARM processor. I observe that my GTK application takes around a second to open a window, and around a 700-800 ms to switch tabs. I have built it with O3 optimization in release mode.

How to speed up the application? Is there any way to build the libraries with different options to make it faster?
--
Regards,
Harinandan S