Re: lots of Windows problems (pygtk)

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 21:40 -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> Daniel Kasak wrote:
> > I always use the binaries produced by Alexander Shaduri at:
> > http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/Downloads
>
> I ended up using these.
>
> http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/

I've used them at various times. They're not updated very often. Also
without the theme packages & installer from Alexander, the resulting
applications look quite bad ... ie not something that I'd present to a
client and be able to hold my head high ...

> I find the Gtk+ packaging situation for Win32 ridiculous. Next time I'll
> probably just use Java, God help me. At least I can get it to the target
> system with a minimum of hassle.

Java less hassle? I doubt it. Keep in mind that you and I are amongst a
very small group of trailblazers using gtk+ on Windows. That's why it's
less than ideal at present. If you put some time into it ( ie scripting
the installation, or at least letting various developers know what's not
working ), things will improve. There are some very dedicated developers
working on the Windows port.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer