Re: RE: Scrolling a drawing area

2008/5/11 Lindley M French <lfrench1 gmu edu>:
[stuff deleted]

Be warned: Due to the way resizing works in GTK+, it's impossible to do "smooth zooming" where your scrolled window remains focused on the same part of the image as you zoom. You can approximate it, but the zoom itself will be jerky. I haven't found any way around this.

Not sure what you mean by this. I'm doing zoom-in in my image viewer giv (http://giv.sf.net/giv) through the GtkImageViewer widget (which is currently bundled in giv under the name DovImageViewer). The ImageViewer widget takes care to zoom in so that the position of the mouse is centered in the zoomed in image... But perhaps you meant something else?

Regards,
Dov