Re: Scrolling a drawing area

The GtkDrawingArea isn't a common container, unlike a GtkWindow or something. Drawing a pixmap bigger than the GtkDrawingArea itself, won't change the size of the GtkDrawingArea, pixels out of range from the size of the drawing_area are just clipped away (they aren't in the visible portion of the GtkDrawingArea, so they are ignored).

From my point of view, the gtk_set_size_request() call is required if you want your GtkDrawingArea to be the size of the pixmap you are drawing into it.

Regards,
Diego