Re: looking for a widget like pd's number box

Hopefully having both styles won't be too difficult and the user can choose, as well as knobs and faders if they want those.  But out of all of these, I prefer the pd style number box and a midi controller.  It is a very compact display, and enough info/usability.

Thanks Paul, time to switch to gtkmm..

cheers,
Rich

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> screen real-estate is at a premium in most audio/music apps.

I understand that for most music apps, but like I say, in PD the real
estate isn't so important as the design area is infinitely sized,
and it makes spin boxes a lot easier to use if there are spin arrows
as opposed to dragging (I can't drag easily on this laptop for one,
and I have no phyical disabilities)
as well as GtkSpinButton having all the tricky bits and pieces done
like cut/paste, like themeing, etc.

PD is hard enough to work out how to use without some weird custom
controls thrown in that might be kinda sorta maybe like the things
people are used to but subtly different

iain