Re: looking for a widget like pd's number box

> I was hoping someone could help decide what I have to do to replicate the
> number box in pd. As far as I can tell from the source, it is created from
> scratch using tcl scripting commands. It consists of a number entry area and
> looks very much like the GtkSpinButton, without the arrows on the side.  To
> change the number with the mouse, you click on the number area and drag the
> mouse upwards or downwards.  You can also shift-click for finer precision.

What is the problem with having the arrows on the side? From my
dabblings in PD the arrows on lots of boxes doesn't look like it would
affect the layout at all? It should be enough to just subclass the
GtkSpinButton and add the drag ability to it, then you'd have the best
of both worlds. Especially as you say you don't want to duplicate
work, why start from scratch when the GtkSpinButton already does 90%
of what you need?

But anyway, I've longed for a good UI for PD for a while now, good luck.
iain