Re: Problems building pango-1.18.0 on Mac

Marius Schamschula wrote:
Egon,

What version of Mac OS X? PPC or intel?

Max OS X 10.5, Darwin 9.0.0, intel processor

A couple of points:

1) You may be running into the obsolete version of freetype that come pre-installed in /usr/X11R6. I make sure that these headers are hidden or removed.

Which headers should then be used?

2) Why are you not using MacPorts or fink? I also have builds available @ hmug.org:

Probably because I'm very new to Mac :-)
On macports.org I find MacPorts verson 1.6.0, but that doesn't tell anything about what it contains - does it contain gtk and all that stuff? Probably not, it is only 2 MB.

One other thing! The packages must be available for normal download, not requiring a small install program that in turn starts the download. In other words - I must be able to download it on my Linux machine, put it on some media and installe from there on my Mac.

<http://www.hmug.org/pub/MacOS_X/X/Libraries/System/pango/>

Looks interesting, but does not seem to be available for OS X 10.5 and intel or do I misunderstand the naming convention - believe osx5 is for OS X 10.5

I found gtk+2-2.12.5-1 on your site too, but still only for ppc

Best regards
Egon Andersen