Problems building pango-1.18.0 on Mac

Hi,

I've recently got a Mac on which I try to install all the GTK+ stuff :-)
I've come a long way, but now I seem to be stuck with the building of pango-1.18.0

I'm trying to build with X11 support and have all X11 installed on the Mac (as far as I can tell - I'm still very new to Mac...)

In the directory where I have extracted the pango-1.18.0 I run
./configure --with-x --x-includes=/usr/X11/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib

The configure succeeded well.

Now I run
make

Runs fine until the linking phase where it complains with:
-----------
Undefined symbols:
  "_pangoft2_viewer", referenced from:
      -viewers in pango-view.o
  "_pangocairo_viewer", referenced from:
      -viewers in pango-view.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

It seems to me to be something internally in the pango-package that can't be found when linking?

Can someone help me through this problem?

(pango-1.18.0 and other GTK+ related packages are downloaded from gtk.org)

Best regards
Egon Andersen