Re: What does your personal GTK+ development system consist of?

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 09:45 -0800, Wade Renzi wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm curious as to what peoples personal GTK+
> development systems consist of. What are the most
> convenient ways of developing GTK+ without affecting
> the GTK+ applications you use every day.
>
> I ask because I recently screwed up my Ubuntu
> installation after installing GLib, Pango, ATK and
> GTK+ from source, and would like to be able to hack on
> the GTK+ widgets without breaking everything.

install entire GTK stack using --prefix=/usr/local/gtk2

when doing internal GTK hacking, set:

	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/gtk2:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
	PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/gtk2/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

when using the system-installed GTK, make sure both are unset.

done.

--p