Re: how to determine maximum possible window size?

Chris MacGregor wrote:
On 02/05/2008 08:11 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
my "portable" way to do it is to ask how big the window is *after* the
change has taken place, rather than try to guess ahead of time. This is
particularly important when you want differentiate between "fullscreen"
and "maximized", which are not necessarily equivalent.

My "portable" way in cases like this is to simply guess at an initial size. I typically make the initial window 75% of the available screen width and height. That has been acceptable to users more often than not. --
Mark Leisher