Re: What does this mean?

William D. Tallman ha scritto:
I launch an application I'm building with 'apptest &', and get the following:
[7] 4560
Do you really know what you are doing? :-)
It's basic Unix knowledge... Nothing to do with Gtk (except that doing it this way can block your program).

and then following prompt return:
(apptest:4560): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gsignal.c: line 1543
(g_signal_connect_closure_by_id): assertion `signal_id > 0' failed
Check your g_signal_connect() ...

So far, no bugs found in 'apptest'.
Well.. There's at least one...

I don't have source code for gtk-2.0, so I can't look at gsignal.c, and
www.gtk.org, download section... not too hard to find... And a REALLY interesting piece of code to read!
I don't know what the number following 'apptest:' means.
Doesn't it remember anything to you? Strange, if you know what you're doing! "man ps" is your friend... And "man bash" helps, too...

Would someone sort this out for me, please?
Go on an do your homework...
I'd suggest you to read a good book about Unix... Seems you're missing something basic...

BYtE,
 Diego.