GdkPixbuf loader for Adobe Photoshop images (PSD)

Hi.

I'm writing a GdkPixbuf loader for Adobe Photoshop image format (PSD).
In fact it is already working. Sources (and .deb for Ubuntu) are
available at [1].

I'd like to ask two questions.

First, is it possible to write incremental loader that does *not* read
the entire input file? This is something that would speed up my loader
a lot. PSD files contain a preview near the begining of the file
followed by a lot of other stuff, like layers, masks and so on. The
loader reads only the preview and the rest is not needed, but often
the rest takes a lot of space. One possible way to stop reading is to
return FALSE from load_increment function, but this is considered as
error indication. Is there any way to work around this behaviour?

And the second question: is there any possiblity that such loader
could become part of GTK+, like loaders for other image formats are?
If not, I can try to keep it as a separate package, but this is very
small library (~600 lines of code) and it seems to me like a lot of
effort - building packages for many distributions or handling
localizations (there are a few strings that could be translated).
Besides, it looks like PSD is rather popular file format (although I
don't have any stats). At least a few people were waiting for PSD
support for a long time [2].

Of course any comments and suggestions are welcome. Maybe someone more
experienced in C/GTK+ than me could take a look at the code :-)

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gdk-pixbuf-psd/
[2] http://www.actsofvolition.com/archive/2006/september/bountyfor

Thanks,
Jan Dudek