Re: A problem about programming with Gtk+

As nobody else seems to want to follow up on this, I'll try to...
(Please, no *personal* replies to me. Follow up to the list.)

> Maybe there is a reason that can explain this phenomenon. You can launch a
> thread with g_idle_add or g_time_out_add,

Sorry, either you are misunderstanding seriously, or just using the
term "thread" in a way that nobody else does. g_idle_add() and
g_timeout_add() do *not* "launch" any threads. The callback functions
passed as parameters to these functions run in the same thread that
runs the main loop in question. (That might of course be a different
thread than the one where you called g_idle_add() or g_timeout_add(),
but anyway, no new thread creation is involved.)

> nevertheless, this new thread can
> not run with your main thread simultaneously.

"can not" or "should not"? threads that can not run simultaneously
would be rather pointless, I think;) Anyway,  if your following text
is based on the wrong belief that g_idle_add() or g_timeout_add()
create new threads, it is pointless to try to understand what you try
to say.

--tml