Re: Why was GtkCList deprecated?

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 04:05 -0800, 198710 wrote:
> "GtkCList has been deprecated since GTK+ 2.0 and should not be used in newly
> written code. Use GtkTreeView instead."
> I don't think GtkTreeView can take its place,it can't show several messages
> in a single line!

you mean different cell renderers? you can pack multiple renderers on
the same column.

but, then again, you can have multiple columns for that. or you can
override the cell data function and take care of what the renderer for
that particular cell will display.

> I wish GtkCList can be resupported~

not a chance. if you're desperate, you can copy it out and use it in
your own project - keeping the license, obviously. but, then again,
you're on your own anyway - so I'd suggest you read the documentation
for the TreeView - there's not much you cannot do with it.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,