general question of usage of glib

Hi,

Well maybee this is a stupid question...if yes .. sorry about that. Anyway...
I've cross-compiled an application (bluez-utils) for an ARM9 system I'm definitely sure I have never cross-compiled the GLib for this system and there are def. no cross-compiled Glib libraries available.
Nevertheless I was able to compile bluez-utils and use them at my target system.
But then I was really wondering: Taking a look at the sources of that app I saw some typically Glib datatypes like  GIOChannel, GKeyFile, g_main_loop_run and many other!

w.t.f have I misunderstood?

Thanks.

--
Regards,