Re: Where can find a full list and description of the signal name

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:50:58 +0800
"Lazy Fox" <lazy fox wu gmail com> wrote:

>Just like "expose-event" and "expose-event",
>I can't find all of them in the 'GTK+ Reference Manual' and source code.
>And other string type enumerations such as color: "red", "orange".
>I can't find them neither.
>
>Does anybody know where can find the full list and description of the string
>type enumerations.

If you look in gtk+-yourversion/docs/reference/gtk/html
you see gtk-Signals.html.

Search thru the files in that subdir for any keyword you want.

GtkColorSelection.html  has info on gdk_color_parse.

This is from /tests/testgtk.c

 GdkColor red;

      /* make the widgets */
      button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("A Button");
      event = gtk_event_box_new ();

      g_signal_connect (window, "destroy",
                        G_CALLBACK (gtk_widget_destroyed),
                        &window);

      /* put a red background on the window */
      gdk_color_parse ("red", &red);
      gtk_widget_modify_bg (window, GTK_STATE_NORMAL, &red);

      /* set the colourmap for the event box.
       * must be done before the event box is realised.
       */
      screen = gtk_widget_get_screen (event);
      rgba = gdk_screen_get_rgba_colormap (screen);
      gtk_widget_set_colormap (event, rgba);

In Perl, this is what we use for named colors:

my $gc = Gtk2::Gdk::GC->new ($gdkwindow, undef);

my $colormap = Gtk2::Gdk::Colormap->get_system;
$colormap = $gc->get_colormap;

# draw a pink rectangle
my $color = Gtk2::Gdk::Color->parse('pink');
my $colormap = $gdkwindow->get_colormap;
$colormap->alloc_color($color,TRUE,TRUE);
Gtk2::Gdk::GC::set_foreground($gc, $color);