Re: scrollable gtk_table with header

If you are refering to this:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkTree.html,
I would strongly advise against it, if you want the labels to follow the columns
just do it this way:

container { vbox { hbox { labels... }, scrolledwindow { table } } }

And then use GtkSizeGroup to make the labels size to the widgets in
the columns of the first row (you might do fancy stuff like give them
shadow-in/out edges using viewports and alignments...).

Note, if you are manipulating a potentially large dataset (arbitrary number
of rows in your table ?), then I strongly suggest biting the bullet and using
a treeview, treeview will allocate minimal resources for the task, while
allocated offscreen widgets still cost memory.

Why I strongly suggest you dont use GtkTree is because its long gone
deprecated, unsupported and wont be available in 3.0.

Cheers,
                       -Tristan