Re: gdk_x_error

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:07:46 +1200
> From: Alwin Leerling <leerling xtra co nz>
> Subject: gdk_x_error
> To: gtk-list gnome org
>
> Hi,
>
> Got a bit of a problem and I wondered if there was anyone out there who
> could give me some pointers.
>
> My application runs on an embedded device with a computer on module in
> it. On it I run Linux (kernel 2.6.20), xserver ( Xorg version 7.1.1) and
> gtk (gtk/gdk version 2.10.9). The device is a controller for fertilizer
> spreader trucks. My application is split into two processes; one does
> all the actual work and the other is a pure GUI. The working process
> sends commands through a pipe to the gui process to display information.
> The various devices (conveyors and spinners) are physically controlled
> by separate electronics at the back of the truck. It communicates with
> the controller (the working process) using a bluetooth link.
>
> I designed the GUI to be one big window. In it I have used tab widgets
> extensively to create the illusion of numerous screens. One of these
> screens is visible when the truck driver is in actual spreading
> operations. The back electronics continually feed device status
> information which the working process sends to the GUI.
>
> My problem is that after a certain period my program aborts. The
> gdk_x_error function is called (I assume from the X server).
>
> The error_code is 1 (BadRequest) Major code = 0 and Minor code = 0. I
> understand why the X server is complaining; requests are numbered
> starting at 1 so 0 is invalid.
> The serial data member is not constant but is generally in the 17100000
> and 17200000 range.

This seems to be a bug on Xorg for intel video device
I experimented the same kind of trouble; it was fixed by adding the
following line on the device section of xorg.conf :
Option "LinearAlloc" "6144"

For more information check bug report :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/49360
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/124610