Re: How to not use the "Space bar" as default key ?

nico wrote:
> Hello,
> I am developping an application under ubuntu/gnome, I use pygtk and glade.
>
> On my application the "space bar" acts like the "return key" , so as a
> default key. So when I press the "space bar" the button under the focus
> is clicked (signal emited) .
> I want to use the "space bar' for activation of a specific button, not
> for the button currently under the focus. How I can set a behavior like
> this ?

I don't know the specific answer to that question, but unless you are
dealing with a very special case, I suggest that you not make the
spacebar behave like you suggest as it runs counter to ever other GTK
app (and most GUI apps) on the entire desktop.  Quirky GUIs are always
annoying.  In most cases where a quirk like this is thought to be
needed, there's almost always a way to redesign the GUI to avoid the
need for this.  What kind of UI are you implementing here?  What exactly
will this spacebar keypress do?