Re: gtk_tree_view_column_set_cell_data_func()

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:26:51PM +0100, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
> In my application (written in PyGTK, but I don't think it's related) I
> have a treeview, and a handler setup with
> gtk_tree_view_column_set_cell_data_func(). This handler is called MANY
> times, everytime the cursor is on the treeview. I don't understand why
> it's not called only once per cell or row added. Any idea why?

Yes, this handler is called for every row/cell during every expose
event.  The reason for this is simple: the data that you set in that
function can always change.  So every time we want to draw the row (or
measure, etc), we need to call the function to "check" this.

regards,

-kris.