Re: 16 bits grayscale images

--- alex <legars2101 gmail com> wrote:

> So, I will take a look at ImageMagick...
>
> Thanks you all
>
> Le jeudi 27 septembre 2007 à 18:56 +0200, David NeÄ?as (Yeti) a écrit :
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 09:44:11AM -0700, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> > >
> > > Exactly my point.
> > >
> > > First processing with/at full accuracy, then display at whatever accuracy the display
> > > device allows.
> >
> > I was talking about converting for display -- the idea of
> > destroying the valuable original data is so silly that it
> > can be probably mentioned only when one attempts to attibute
> > it to someone else.  I agree anything can be made as
> > complicated as one wishes though (since we all know ICC
> > profiles of our monitors).  The point that you should
> > perform the conversion holds.
> >
> > Yeti
> >
> > --
> > http://gwyddion.net/

The beauty of ImageMagick is that along with conventional programming
one can do pretty complex things on command line, albeit slower.

For example, I once wrote a sequence of commands implementing "unsharp mask"
on color images - it is not that trivial in a sense it is not performed on
per color bases, but rather on intensity.

Whatever and good luck.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/