Re: [gtk-list] problems during configuring before making gtk+ 2.10.14

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:16:45PM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> maybe your system missing tiff.pc file,

I've yet to see a system that *has* a tiff.pc file.  Libtiff
does not install a .pc file therefore it would have to be
added by the packager.

> this file is in /usr/lib/pkgconfig
> directory,

Definitely not on FreeBSD.  Since everyone knows libtiff
does not install a .pc file, no one tests libtiff
availability with pkg-config...

> use 'pkg-config --cflags tiff' see what happen, if get error, try
> create a tiff.pc and place it in /usr/lib/pkgconfig,

...and even if someone perhaps tries to, Gtk+ does not, so
a tiff.pc would have no effect on Gtk+.  Creating it manually
would be a futile excercise.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/