Re: Text Input with Windows Tablet Panel

On 12/10/2007, Evan Easton <evan eeaston com> wrote:
> Neither solution is enticing, especially when the number of people with
> disabilities and/or tablets is low (or at the very least, the number who
> are vocal is very low).

Well, the number of people who benefit from the work is not what
drives people like me who work on things just for the hacking pleasure
in their spare time... (Compare to all the hacking I've done on
supporting the somewhat rare scenario of file names with characters
not in the system codepage. It isn't like people would have filed a
large number of bug reports about that, it was just fun and
interesting.)

At least for me, the problem with adding accessibility support to
GTK+/Win32 is more a lack of time to digest all the required
documentation, lack of suitable sample code (no Visual Basic, Delphi,
C++ with MFC please, just plain C), uncertainty about the future of
the APIs in question (will the new stuff in Vista take off or not,
what about this IAccessible2 thingie, etc), lack of testing
environment (I don't have any 3rd-party screen reader software etc).

The same goes for Tablet PC support... If somebody wants to donate me
a TabletPC to hack on, feel free ;)

--tml