how to build gtk+ on embedded devices.

Hi,

i have a   MIPS based development board(DBAU1200) and got basic linux running on it. Now i need to write GUI applications on it. I searched in net and found GTK+ GUI's to be useful for me. can anyone say me how to get GTK+ running on it ? i mean what are the packages i need to cross compile in order to cross compile GTK+,port it and run it on the board ?if it enough if i download the any version of GTK+  alone and try to cross compile ,port and also run it on the board.

Also if anyone has any documents regarding this can you send me ?

thanks in advance,

saravanan.