Re: how to build gtk+ on embedded devices.

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 12:42 +0100, saravanan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a   MIPS based development board(DBAU1200) and got basic linux
> running on it. Now i need to write GUI applications on it. I searched
> in net and found GTK+ GUI's to be useful for me. can anyone say me how
> to get GTK+ running on it ? i mean what are the packages i need to
> cross compile in order to cross compile GTK+,port it and run it on the
> board ?if it enough if i download the any version of GTK+  alone and
> try to cross compile ,port and also run it on the board.
>
> Also if anyone has any documents regarding this can you send me ?

You should look into linuxfromscratch.org, they have valuable
reading material about building/setting stuff up from scratch;
gtk+ shouldnt be much of a problem to build though - just install
good and recent fontconfig, freetype, cairo packages and build
xorg and the gtk+ stack and I guess you'll be in business.

gtk+ is very widely portable and I would expect that; granted
glibc is working right on your board, gtk+ will just work out
of the box, I wouldnt be the one to know for sure though.

Cheers,
                    -Tristan