Re: Installation Problem on Mac OS X -- PLEASE HELP!!!

On Nov 3, 2007, at 3:58 PM, jing.t86 wrote:

I've been trying to install gtk+ on my Mac(Mac OS X 10.4.10). I got this
error saying:

checking for X... no
configure: error: X development libraries not found

Sounds like you need the x11SDK which was a separate (optional) install on the Tiger DVD.

Good luck installing gtk+ on your own. Fink is way behind on gtk+ (currently only 2.6.10), though once the Leopard noise dies down, they will be able to get gnome 2.20 finally released (gtk+ 2.10.12, I think). But building all the gnome bits you need on your own will be a real challenge.

Macports is more up-to-date on gnome than fink. My complaint with them is they make it much harder to build anything on your own without writing a port file.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser gmail com