Re: Regarding GLIB 2.4.0

your help is the following:

set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to the correct configuration files

unfortunately configure can only do so much, i.e., it can't do your work for you, and neither can others.  i don't have access to your machine, nor does anyone else (not that that would matter).

there's even more help in your configure output, but for some reason you believe the help here will somehow be different.  i rather doubt at this point it's going to be.

good luck,

richard

On 5/28/07, Sashi Kiran Akella < kiran sashi jupitermail in> wrote:
David Nečas (Yeti) wrote:

>On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 01:00:40PM +0530, Sashi Kiran Akella wrote:
>

>>         When I'm installing gtk+-2.4.0, I'm getting the following error:
>>
>>checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0...
>>*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.4.0, but GLIB (2.6.0)
>>*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
>>*** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
>>*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
>>*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
>>*** required on your system.
>>*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>>*** to point to the correct configuration files
>>no
>>configure: error:
>>*** GLIB 2.4.0 or better is required. The latest version of
>>*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/.
>>
>> Please help me come out of this problem.
>>

>- actually read the configure error message, it explains what
>  went wrong and what you should do
>- remove anything you installed to system directories from
>  sources and/or restore it from the distro packages and
>  generally get your system to the orignal sane state
>- follow http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2006-December/msg00113.html
>
>Yeti
>
>--
>http://gwyddion.net/

I installed glib 2.4 tarball into my system, but still I';m getting this
error. Please help me how to sort out this problem.

Sashi Kiran