'reloading' gtktreeview when model changes drastically

Hello all,

I have implemented my own GtkTreeModel to query a custom database over
the network. The data model often changes drastically, a lot of rows and
subtrees are modified, deleted, created, etc.

The proper way to handle this would be to emit signals to the
GtkTreeView to notify it about any changes to the model. However, these
changes are often so big, that I would like to completely 'reload' the
tree widget from scratch instead of figuring out exctly what changes to
notify it about.

What is the preferred way of doing this, instead of deleting and
re-creating the GtkTreeView ?

Thank you very much,

Ico

--