I recently cross compiled Glib and found this page : http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/glib/glib-cross-compiling.html
I had to use the following cache file :
---
glib_cv_long_long_format=I64
glib_cv_stack_grows=no
glib_cv_uscore=no
ac_cv_func_posix_getpwuid_r=yes
---
I was wondering if the page was up to date, because the example doesn't include glib_cv_uscore and  ac_cv_func_posix_getpwuid_r and I think they are probably needed in almost all cases.
The other problem I had was that the Linux I use (Denx) doesn't seem to support 64 bits. I had to comment the following line in config.h :
#define HAVE_INT64_AND_I64 1

Is it the normal way to do it or is there some option in ./configure to specify that the host doesn't support 64 bits values?

Except those minors problems, the cross compilation worked really well, you did a good work !

Regards,

Jean-Gregoire