Re: dnd with treeviews

Leander Seige wrote:

> Two questions left: now I can look which rows are selected in the
> source tree. But is it safe to assume that the selected rows in the
> source are identical to the dragged rows?

I think you can pretty much decide on the behaviour yourself, since you have
to copy the data over yourself. For example in the "drag-begin" callback you
could decide to deselect all rows except the one on which the drag was
started, and copy over only that one for example.
I looked up the Gnome Human Interface GuideLines
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/input.html#drag-drop) but
it doesn't give that much detail.

Leander Seige wrote:

> And, I wonder why my callback has been called anyway.. at least I even
> had the wrong string specified: "drag_drop" instead of "drag-drop".

I just changed "drag-drop" in my application to "drag_drop" when connecting
the callback and indeed the callback was called. Strange... To be sure, I
then commented out the callback connection, and then it was (as expected)
not called anymore, so it got connected with both strings.
I looked up the Gtk+ documentation (see GtkWidget-signals) but there is
"drag-drop" stated (along with the callback prototype) so I am sure that is
the correct one.