Re: Delay in Displaying Dialog

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Marshall Lake <mlake mlake net> wrote :

Can there be more than one gtk_main() call in one program?  And could that
possibly help me?

No, that's not allowed. There is a function that iterates the main loop once (gtk_main_iterate??) but the use of that is generally a sign of bad program design. However, it might get you out of a pickle if there's no obvious alternative.

How does MODAL and gtk_dialog_run() work?  Do they both integrate
themselves with the GTK main loop "behind the scenes"?

Yes, they do some arcane magic in conjunction with the main loop.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |