Re: Emulating MDI

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Micah Carrick <email micahcarrick com> wrote :

I typically just use resizable panes and tabbed notebooks. I think it's a nicer UI personally.

Not that I really care what looks nicer to you personally...

As I mentioned in my other reply, I'm not really looking to have "several documents open" (but only look at one of them) so a tabbed notebook is no use at all. And re-sizeable panes are all very well but rather limited to showing things side-by-side. What I want is to allow the user to define a group of stuff in one box, another group of stuff in a second box, and a different way of looking at other stuff in a third, then have the ability to say "no, actually, I think I want that third box at the top, and the other two side by side below it". So resizing just doesn't cut the mustard.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |