Re: Large strings in GtkTextView

On 1/11/07, Micah Carrick <email micahcarrick com> wrote:
 Actually, that's interesting. I was going to write a test program, however,
just when creating the test text file, it gets funky in gedit (when word
wrapping is off). As soon as I insert the 4098th character, the line
"disappears" and "reappears" again near the beginning of the line but kind
of flakey.

Could it be hitting the maximum size of a pango layout object? Pango
keeps coordinates as fixed point 12.10 bits, so I imagine single
layouts larger than 4096 pixels would overflow. Though I can't see why
the 4098's character would do it. Just guessing.

John