Re: gtk 2.4.x installation

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 05:54:58AM -0800, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> Slightly (?) offtopic (?).

Probably.

> Or, 'make' is OK, but 'make check' fails - I think, for 'libpng' - that is,
> again, on MacOS.

So there's something strange going on on that system.  It is
the *purpose* of `make check' to fail then.

> And this fact severy undermines the statemet about high quality of FOSS.
>
> And I have no time and energy to file all these bugs.

Hm, are you sure it's the fact who undermines the quality
then?

Anyway, I agree we have a problem.  The problem is proving
the (in)correctnes of build systems.  We do not have any
tools for that (beside actually trying the build m*2^n times
where m is the number of supported systems and n is the
number of possible dependencies).  So what solution you
offer -- or at least suggest?

Yeti

--
http://physics.muni.cz/~yeti/pf2007.png